Friday, December 14, 2007

Everyone could use a Bandage

I love how fashion is cyclical. It is just another reason that vintages works. Fashion is constantly evolving, but often reflective of other times. A perfect example is the current rebirth of bandage dressing.




This trend, popular in both the 80's and 90's has come back around thanks to designers Proenza Schouler and Christopher Kane.



It seems to be a little scary for those who are not a size two, but I say embrace it. If you feel confident in your form, it can really shows it off. For fall and winter pair a shorter bandage skirt or dress with opaque tights and some sort of heel (they make your legs look spotlight ready!). My philosophy is to keep most skin covered to look sleek and chic - not slutty and cheap.

8 comments:

c.lorraine said...

That skirt is actually really flattering! Love it!

Anonymous said...

u look adorable in this! very cute!

Daiana said...

wow, I love your outfit! It looks fantastic!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I agree, ladies should be careful with bandage dressing--no one wants to look cheap. I think it works best if it limited to a skirt--like yours.

sleepyhead said...

I love the band-aid look. However, I'm very self-conscious when it comes to my upper body. So instead I opt for bandage skirts, they are very flattering!

And you look fab.

Anonymous said...

I think this look is amazing for curves, provided it is kept to either top or bottom. Like you have done here - very classy and edgy at once!

Fashion Trend Guide said...

Yes, it's classy. The tights make it more modest. Love the scarf and shoes, too! Very chic, as always!

Diana @ So Fash'on said...

you need a tight body for this kind of dress. I don't think I would be comfortable.