Monday, November 12, 2007

Weekend Recap: One Bash After Another

This weekend was one big bash after another! My kind of weekend... I thrive on activity.

It is finally good and chilly here in California and for me that meant layers of warmth. Friday morning was one to celebrate the intellectual (that I wish I was). Mixing patterns and styles with my plaid shirt and brown (fish-design) bow-tie... it made me feel ready for a day of work at my desk.



A girls night out was the perfect way to end the evening. Dinner at a great "Soul Food" restaurant and shopping for birthday present ideas (yes.. for myself.. I can't help it.. I love my birthday!) The high-waisted jeans from H&M tied in perfectly with my vintage floral shirt from Melrose Trading Post (a great vintage flea market in LA).



Saturday kicked-off the holidays early with a pre-thanksgiving dinner. Eating turkey, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole couldn't be any better when munching down with your family of friends. My look was described by one of the "family" members as "so warm and cozy".. and it was!



Sunday wrapped up with a baby shower, and though it was a cloudy-cold day I was bright and cheery in my oh-so-yellow pants. (my new faves - who wouldn't be happy in such happy pants?)

8 comments:

Fashion Trend Guide said...

hey, I have those high-waisted jeans from H&M - they look great! I like the way you styled them.

Anonymous said...

i love your blog! i discovered it last week and its such a cool blog! i have skinny yellow jeans and i often dont know what to wear with them, i like how your wearing yours!

nillustration said...

i love all your outfits :D especially your yellow trousers, i must say, theyre quite wicked! where did u get your cardigan from in your first outfit tho?
your an inspiration :Dxx

Unknown said...

I love your yellow pants! I wish I lived near an H & M so I, too, could own some great highwaisted jeans. I have some from Old Navy but the legs are sooooo wide!

The Glam Life said...

I like the little black hat, very cute. I am not sure if I could pull that off since I have such a big head. You outfit combinations are always so cute but is there a reason why you always stand with your tummy pocked out and shoulders slouched down?

Brian and Beth Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian and Beth Jones said...

Funny! pretty Girl.. didn't realize I had a stance going on... I will make note of that for the future. I am definitely not made to be in front of the camera :)

Anonymous said...

Love the geek chic outfit, I am totally inspired. I will send a link if I end up posting it.
Hailey @ www.stylesymmetry.com