Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A "Hat-Girl"

As you have probably noticed, I am a girl who likes to wear hats! It has become a kind of obsession, an addiction... I may need help. My closet has nails driven in the walls to produce multiple hat hangers - each one holding at least two or three hats. I don't know what it is, but for me a hat adds a little zing to an outfit - it's the icing on the cake!

Now, wearing a hat is not for the weak at heart - it takes some guts, but if you can muster up the courage its worth the risk. Some would say, "You have to be a hat person", but I disagree - you just have to embrace and be confident in the fuzzy thing on top of your head.

If you are one of those who stays away from the extra accessory - my suggestion is to start with something simple. A beanie is always the easiest choice (maybe because cold weather demands it), but I would suggest something with a little more style like a beret - choose black if you want to be safe.

Don't be afraid! The moment you walk out the door you will get some looks - except all they will be thinking is , "I wish I were a 'hat-girl' like her!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Just thought I would let you know that I adore your blog and I have included you in a list of my favourite bloggers and posted a photo of you. Please let me know if you want me to change anything I wrote or take the picture down.
Thanks and congratulations on a fabulous blog!
Lady xxx
Sorry I couldn't find an email address on your page!

Kelly said...

Another hat girl logging in here! I'm an avid hat-collector and have given much of the same advice to "not-a-hat-person"s.

As you say, I would suggest a beret as opposed to a beanie, simply because people can be insecure about the shape of their head and a hat which hugs the head isn't going to help at all.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I love it! How nice to keep hats on the list of "must have" fashion items. Good job. I will wear a hat tomorrow and maybe buy more. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Wow girl...!
Your last name should be Hat.

I don't even own a hat.
:(
[[ I'll make sure to buy one tough ]]

Unknown said...

great observation! I never thought about it, but it does take guts to pull off a hat. But the je ne sais quoi factor is totally worth it... I want to be a hat girl!

Unknown said...

You make me smile. Your hat attitude is refreshing. Couldn't resist linking to you.

http://www.fashioncoverings.com