Monday, October 08, 2007

The Big Thrift Adventure

It takes motivation, drive and persistance to be a thrifter. It is not something you can take lightly, you have to be committed, otherwise you may miss out on the prize. And that prize being- a fabulous find!

The challenge was taken this weekend by me and two of my closest friends. We stepped out and stormed three thrift stores in a row. One after the other we scoured the racks looking for what we thought to be a find. After three exhausting hours we emerged holding bags of goodies. We each felt satisfied with our new purchases and after some dinner for our growling stomachs we spent the evening trying on all our new (but old) clothes.



And the next morning, I took one of my favorites for a spin. (This wrap was hanging loosely off a hanger, but seemed to be intersting - turned out - it was!) Oh... the thrift adventures.... what fun!

9 comments:

LF said...

wow. That shawl/wrap looks so good! nice find. and I totally agree with the commitment and such about the thrifting skills. so true!!

Anonymous said...

great!
i love thrifting. sadly, the opportunities in my town aren't the best.

Sally Jane Vintage said...

This looks like so much fun! Tomorrow night I'm heading back to B'ham, AL to visit family and friends - I set aside the whole first day for a marathon thrifting day.

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE that wrap, so jealous!!!

I love love love thrifting!!! I try to go at least every two weeks on a mini spree and see how far my $20 budget takes me. And it takes me faaaarrrr!!! Congrats on your finds, the pictures look like you and your friends totally enjoyed it!!!

Mo said...

Is Orange close to Disneyland? I'm going to Disneyland in a few weeks and I'm planning on stealing my family's rental car and checking out some nearby thrift stores. Do you have any recommendations? Either in Orange or the OC in general? Thanks! I love your blog!

Brian and Beth Jones said...

Monelle,

You gotta check out SAVERS in La Mirada, CA. It is only 15 minutes from Disneyland. Go to the SAVERS website for directions and if you get a chance to go you will not be dissapointed. Good luck thrifting!

Anonymous said...

Oh the thrill of the hunt!! I have found many of my adored Vintage garments at TS~~I get an endorphin rush every time I know I will be going!! It is literally a treasure hunt but it is not for the faint of heart!!

Michelle

Les Mads said...

uuuuhhh i want to go there!
where was that? can u tell me the address?

Brian and Beth Jones said...

Julia, it is in Redondo Beach, on Artesia Blvd. The thrift stores are east of Aviation Blvd, and west of Inglewood Ave and the Galleria Mall. Hope that helps!