Monday, June 16, 2008

Chucks!

Yet another item checked of the Summer Hit List - the red high top Converse Chuck Taylors!

This has been a long time coming - I have dreamt of the red canvas shoes with the star patch for a long time, but for some reason hadn't turned over the cash to purchase them. All it took was purchasing a (never worn yet) dress at the thrift store down the road. Immediately, an idea popped in my head - pairing this (not worn just yet) dress with high top red sneakers.

That's what did me in, I began scouring the cheapest way to purchase brand new chucks - it came down to an Ebay seller who sells them for half the price.

Now I just have to live out my dream.

GO Halos

(Head Wrap - Estate Sale, dress and cardigan - thrifted, Shoes - Converse, Bag - Gryson for Target)

5 comments:

Blonde hair, Blue jeans said...

i love that outfit! =)

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you scored this skirt. The peter pan collar is so adorable with the checkered pattern. It's very Jan Brady with a touch of Mia Farrow from Rosemary's Baby (pre-baby of course).

Lydia said...

to me, the red hightops and headwrap really make this outfit amazing. I would love a headwrap like that! Yay buffalo plaid :D

Jen said...

I've been dreaming about red high top chucks too but have the same "seem to not have brought them yet" dilemma. I have an outfit idea that i'm busting to try out when i do finally get them though - yay for red chucks!!

DRESSEDMen.com said...

How much did you end up paying for them?...chucks are only like $40 at most major retailers lol.