Monday, June 16, 2008

Standing Alone

Sometimes less is more! Sometimes it is about layers, accessorizing and making an outfit incredibly interesting and hard for others to duplicate - BUT sometimes it's about one or two great pieces that simply stand alone.

I came across this vintage dress recently, and knew instantly that this was a stand alone piece. The print, the detailing, the POCKETS (those pockets) - made it almost perfect.

And it became perfection when paired with my newly acquired perfect (I hunted these for months) brown strappy platform sandals!

They stand alone.

Lovin my new Shoes

(Dress - vintage found at a local Salvation Army, Shoes - Steve Madden)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sandals look amazing and I can't you found that dress at a Salvation army! Who would give it away???? Shocking!

The Glam Life said...

Those shoes are amazing!! And so is that new hair cut, it's getting cuter and cuter by the day.

Pop Girl of 66 said...

Hey lady,
I've posted comments here quite a few times, and have just decided to create my own fashion blog... just about to publish the 1st post so nothing major yet... but I'm wondering if you would mind linking me. I, of course, will link you in return, not that you need it, but maybe it'll work out? Let me know.
xoxo,
Emily

annabananna said...

superb! love the dress so much.

pearl said...

What a great find! It looks very contemporary!

simimoon said...

those shoes are amazing. loove love love it :D

Anonymous said...

loveeee the dress!

Lopi said...

How cute is that dress? Gongrats for finding it and saving it!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your hair in this picture!!! Those shoes are practically perfection!!

Trade links???

Anonymous said...

Loving this look!

www.shinylittlethings.com