Saturday, July 28, 2007

Fridays and Saturdays

Friday was filled with sunshine on the beach and a lazy afternoon getting ready for an evening on the town. I love those times when you aren't in a rush to get out of the door and you can primp and preen for hours. Some may find that boring - and I guess I would if it was always that way - but rarely do I have time to luxuriate in getting ready.

After planning an outfit for the evening and putting it on.. it was all wrong.. so this is what came together as an afterthought.



The tank is from Urban Outfitters a few years ago, the vest (in a fabulous military style) was thrifted at a Salvation Army as well and the skirt - last but not least are these shoes from Payless. I got them last season and am excited to find they will still be in for the fall as well.

Saturday was another wonderful lazy summer morning with my hubby. Then out for some thrifting and dinner with my mom. This look was inspired by a streetstyle shot from Stockholm. I love being inspired by real people! Often celebrities get all the attention for fashion, but real everyday people do it so much better with a lot more creativity.



Hat was purchased from Urban Outfitters a few years ago, pin-striped blouse peeking out from the H&M jacket was thrifted (and almost thrown into a "get-rid-of" pile , but then rethought that - glad I did), shorts are thrifted and the shoes are from Target.

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

mari stolan said...

hi! thought it was about time that i added u too my fav list on my bloggieblog since i check ur blog pretty much every day! love it:)

The Glam Life said...

I agree, most celebs have people to help them and can afford whatever. Regular Pearls like us have be creative and innovative. I love the blog, keep up the good work!