Tuesday, July 24, 2007

JANE!

It's just around the corner, the beginning of the new month approaches and one thing about that fact that makes me extra happy is the arrival of new issues! A new issue of my favorite magazine or I guess I should say magazineS. I love it! New inspiration, new ideas, new stories and new fashion spreads. As the day approaches I thought what I love about one of my favorites - JANE MAGAZINE!



I like how JANE incorporates a lot of REAL girl style. Not too young and not to old. They highlight women who are breaking out on their own doing what they love (like me!). They favor both designer clothes, cheap finds and vintage style. My all time favorite section of the magazine is the article "Don't Fear...". Each week they choose a trend (you shouldn't fear) and show four girls wearing it four different ways.

Last month's "Don't Fear... Ruffles"






I also enjoy the styling of their fashion shoots. For the June/July cover with Zooey Deschanel, they chose one of my biggest inspirations to style the shoot - Leith Clark (creator of Lula Magazine). They captured the vintage style of Henri Lartique's sunbathing portraits which I fell in love with.



Now I am all excited... ready for the next issue... well, I'll just have to wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sadly, jane magazine is no more:

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003608926

this is recent news. sad, because it was definitely different than the pack.

Ms. Spinach said...

so sad to have to break the news this way! though they reportedly finished the september issue, i believe the august issue will be the last one they send out.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the swimsuit Zooey Deschanel is wearing in that shot, does it say where it's from? Alas I've never seen Jane in Australia.

Anonymous said...

The only magazine I love more than Jane is Bust, which I wholeheartedly recommend to all smart, stylish girls who will miss Jane.

http://www.bust.com