Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sneak Peek: Store Layout

With the months counting down to the opening of THE VINTAGE SOCIETY, I have started to recieve a lot of questions regarding details and felt that I should let the Society Girls out there in on some of the secrets.

I have not decided on a specific location just yet, but expect to sign a lease in January somewhere in Central Orange County, CA. In the meantime I have been calling on every "FOR LEASE" sign that I see so that I can get a good estimate of prices in different locations. I drive down streets feeling like a scavenger hoping to find the perfect spot to call home. My ideal location would be a little obscure, unique, with great windows for displays and not too big (probably 900-1200 SF).

Once I find just the right place - the dirty work begins. We will be persuading any able bodied friend to help build the store out. Whoo Hooo! My creative juices are overflowing with interior ideas, and to let you in on some of the plans I thought I would expose some of my sketches.



The above sketch contains window displays and also ideas for the front entrance of the store. Upon entering a customer will be ushered behind a large wall that will close off the rear part of the store. Once behind this walls it is a girl haven - no windows, no dressing rooms just clothes and fabulous vintage mirrors propped up. The idea is to feel free to work with and inspire the other society girls in the shop. Just a private little girls party all day long - oh what fun!



The walls will be lined with clothes, clothes and more clothes - but will be sectioned off based on current trend. Above each rack will be an inspiration board containing all sorts of stimulation to get you started. Each season the board will be changed and new items will be rushed onto the racks.



As you can see, The Vintage Society will be more than just a place to shop - it is an idea factory, a place to create and meet other girls who share the same passion.

Oh, a note to Society Girls who live outside of California, you will be able to get in on the action - there are plans for an online store as well.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear that you may open an online store. I love your blog and wish I lived near CA to shop at your wonderful store(when it opens, of course).

Fashion Trend Guide said...

I think you should have a big opening party with a fashion show and refreshments! I can't wait to shop there :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh I'm so excited. I usually only make it to socal once or twice a year but once VS opens it will definately be the first place I go. Can't wait!

niki said...

Phew! I'm glad you'll be having an online shop! Your store sounds like a dream and I wish I could be in California to experience it once it's open. I think I smell a road trip!

elle s'ennuie said...

After that desrciption though, the online shop is only a meagre consolation! :)

Anonymous said...

No dressing rooms? How is that going to work?

Kori said...

I'm glad you'll have an online shop, but your description of the real one sounded so wonderful that I think I need to check it out. You are so creative!

Anonymous said...

wow, im so depressed that i live on the east coast. your idea sounds so great. i love the all girls theme of freedom and ideas flowing. i fell like if i ever was in the area, i would come in, derobe and try on whatever makes my eyes light up. i really hope to stop by some day. good luck with it all. your gonna do fantastic!

faith said...

Yay online store! I LOVE the idea of the inspiration boards! I'm not sure how comfortable I would feel without dressing rooms though... but I suppose it doesn't matter, because I live in Texas!

Anonymous said...

HA! I live in SoCal and I am beyond excited to shop there.

WOOHOO!

corrigan said...

Same question as above about the dressing rooms....are people just going to try stuff on in front of other people?

Anonymous said...

This sounds fantastic, especially the inspiration board. What a way to get people to think creatively about what they're putting on.

I'm so glad painfully hip featured your blog. Your site is awesome.

Anonymous said...

sound good, i only don't like that there will be no windows, not even small ones. the rest of it sounds great and i hope it will work out like you imagine.

i'm looking forward to the online shop as well!

Casey Maura said...

I really, really love this idea!! Gosh, I sooo wish I wasn't on the East Coast! lol. I think my favorite part of this is how it'll be "girls only" with that "raiding a closet" vibe. Love, love, love the idea of shopping at a place like that! :)

Kudos on your imaginative ideas and good luck on finding a location! :)

Anonymous said...

yay! Im from San Diego, and I will totally come up to check out your store!
xo, B

Anonymous said...

about the online store, will there be shipping to england?
i hope so!