Saturday, August 25, 2007

Society Challenge : H&M

Ok, let's just start by saying this Society Challenge was really tough...um... not in the way that Kmart was tough, but more like "I want to buy everything in the store" tough. Yes that's right, it was time for Sara and I to take on another challenge and we chose H&M. To be honest I hadn't been there in a while and forgot how much I love it! There were so many great choices for fall. Sara and I both agreed that we were so ready for fall - the warm wooly coat, tights, scarves - all the goodies.

We did focus, eventually, and chose one item to create two signature looks.



Walking over to the dressing room I realized my arm was rubbed raw from all the hangers I had been holding and I was thankful to hand them over in the salesgirl. Now, the dressing room always creates a sticky situation for our challenge. We both seem to enter with at least 15 items and of course they never let you have them all at one time. Pulling together the outfit becomes difficult because you have to decide what items to start with and what items to leave behind. Finally, after much rushing back and forth - we have our looks. Sara slinks across the hall and slips into my dressing room. There is exclamations as we both see each other and the photos are taken.

Sara went for a perfect Indian Summer ensemble. Layering the gold tunic with a tweed vest and throwing on a pair of skinny jeans rolled up to create a more casual look for the beginning of fall.



I chose to pretend it was crispy-cold outside and layered the gold tunic over an oversized three-quarter t-shirt, then pulled on some wooly leggings and topped off the ensemble with a long sweater dress/vest and a thick gray scarf.



Now if only I had the budget to walk out with the entire outfit and maybe 15 other things I loved. Oh well, maybe next month when I haven't spent all my money.

5 comments:

elle s'ennuie said...

Scarves and layers are my weakness, so I prefer your version! :) Also, I really like how tousled and carefree your hair looks in this picture, makes me want to go blonde again...

Jeannine said...

I love seeing the diff ways people utilize a piece that is so basic!

Anonymous said...

the color gold on both of you = fall. are you 2 even for real so beautiful. you both have the best life ever and so much fun all the time. am i jealous = yes.

ps: do you have suger daddy's? just kidding.

Brian and Beth Jones said...

Thanks Anonymous! No we don't have sugar daddy's just men who think we are cute!

Fashion Trend Guide said...

Once again, you two ladies have pulled some great looks together! I like both, as I'm a huge fan of tunics and layering. I can't wait until your next challenge :)