Saturday, May 05, 2007

One of my Secrets

I am going to let you in on one of my little secrets. One that could be very profitable to some of you... ecspecially if you live in the Southern California area.

Its a matter of the "Skinny Jeans", the trend that caused problems for me. Finding the right pair of jeans is hard enough, but to find a pair with the title "skinny". How was that going to work? I am the Marilyn Monroe body type, so it would be a lot easier to find a pair of jeans titled "the hour glass jeans". But.. I was determined to find a pair that fit.

On an errand day, one where I frequent strip malls with Target or Rite Aid, I stumbled on the store "Fashion Gal". Now, I know that everyone has one of these type of stores in their town. The cheap trendy clothing store that is called "Fashion Time" or "In Fashion" or something like that. The clothes are often cut really small and are not the best quality, but they can be a fun place to find trends that you know you will not wear for long. Anyway, I was in "Fashion Gal" and they were selling Skinny Jeans, they actually looked pretty cute so I thought "what the heck, I'll try them on". Let me tell you, they are now my favorite pair of jeans and they only cost $21.99. I even bought them in black as well.

So society girls out there, if you happen to be running errands, stop into your local "Fashion Gal" and look for jeans labeled "Forever USA". They might just be your answer to the skinny jean trend.



Featuring the best $21.99 I have spent!



4 comments:

Ringo, have a banana! said...

I want a pair of dark denim skinny jeans so so badly, I've wanted them since the whole silly trend began, eons ago, but I've never been able to find a pair that fit right. I'm always so baffled by the skinny jeans at places like urban outfitters, they look nice, and I know that lots of people buy them and wear them, but when I go to try them on, all I can think is "who on EARTH are these things supposed to fit, and HOW?" I've got to track this store down, those jeans look really frickin' good on you, and I'm definitely more of a Marilyn than a Kate, in certain key ares anyways :P

Anonymous said...

i live for fashion gal, i had no idea there was more than one though! haha.

kate said...

I LOVE my Just USA jeans, I must have 4 pairs :)

Anonymous said...

Inspired by your post on "skinny jeans" i hunted down the eponymous "fashion gal." For $23.99, I found the perfect pair of dark skinny jeans with the "Just USA" label. I have to get them hemmed, but Im already dreaming up outfits to wear. Thanks for the tip! can't wait for the store to open up.