Monday, May 14, 2007

Sneak Peek: Reconstruction!

It's time again for a sneak peek into The Vintage Society. I have been hard at work designing new concepts for some of the store's pieces. I absolutely love vintage clothing, but I don't want you, society girls, to look like you have walked directly out of a different era. It is all about taking something old and making it new.

I wish that I could tell you about my amazing sewing skills, but I cannot. I can do the basic techniques, but for the intricate work that I often envision I have to turn to a skilled seamstress, my mother-in-law.

I spent last weekend describing and working with her on different looks that I wanted for each piece of clothing. I returned this week to find fabulous results. Some things are still in process, but will soon be pret-a-porter!

Here is just a sneak peek into The Vintage Society Vault...





The work in progress...



2 comments:

Ringo, have a banana! said...

green polka dots + white bow dress = <3<3<3!

Big Dadddy said...

i wish i could sew and fix up my vintage pieces, your lucky to have her!