Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Summer Must-Haves

Memorial Day has come and gone and that means summer is here, or at least it is around the corner! Summer is the best season, well, I say that about every season... but it is one of the best! Summer means backyard parties, days at the beach, sunshine and warmth, vacations to great locations, time with friends and family and .... SUMMER CLOTHES!

Summer clothes that are cool and breezy: sandals, airy dresses, sunglasses and hats!

To jump start my summer wardrobe I have put together a list of must-have items.

The first must-have is a great pair of sandals. I like a shoe with a heel that elongates the legs and yellow is perfect for the sunny days ahead. Now if I could just find these at a cheap price!



The second is my continuing search for the perfect pair of high-waisted jeans. I have yet to find some that look good and are affordable... maybe the summer will bring me luck in my quest.



Ohhh... and I can't wait to find a cute little "Marilyn Monroe" bathing suit. I haven't decided if I will go the vintage direction or something vintage-inspired like this one from Urban Outfitters.



And last but not least, is the oh so snazzy HAT! I can just see it now paired with a girly summer dress and espadrilles all toughened up with the hat.



So there you have it. My summer must-haves. I will fill you in as these dreams come true!

6 comments:

Min said...

where did you get the picture of the shoes from? i really like those.

Unknown said...

Hudson makes a great pair of wide leg light weight jeans!! I was anti-Hudson, but my view was changed when I tried these on.

Brian and Beth Jones said...

The shoes I found on www.shopbop.com I think they are Marc Jacobs.

Fashion Trend Guide said...

The yellow sandals are gorgeous, I'm loving yellow this season. I just bought some high-waisted jeans from TopShop (a wide-leg style)and some Cheap Monday jeans (skinny-leg). They fit well and are much more flattering than I was expecting!

Belly said...

Esther Williams swimwear has the best suits EV-AR

Anonymous said...

You should watch a movie called "The Lover", in regards to the hat.

Here is a review with photo:
http://alabasterbrow.blogsome.com/2005/08/04/music-and-memory/

And a reproduction:
http://www.baronhats.com/thelover.htm